A Teflon encapsulated o-ring is a chemically resistant seal used in industry to prevent passage of corrosive fluids or gases. It is made of two components : (1) A Teflon encapsulation (i.e. jacket or covering), and (2) an elastomer (i.e. rubber) care material, which is completely enclosed within the encapsulation.
Advantage of using encapsulated O-Rings:
1) High chemical resistance due to the FEP/PFA encapsulation.
2) Continuous service temperature: FEP 400F/204C, PFA 500F/360C
3) Anti-adhesive properties / non-stick surface.
4) Sterilizable-F.D.A and USP Class VI compliant.
5) Low vapor permeability and minimal water absorption.
6) Low compression set
Contact form description text